Sunday, January 23, 2011

Life Lessons From Red Mango

First things first, if you have never been to Red Mango, you are missing out on the best thing that will ever grace the presence of your mouth. So, needless to say, you should go to red mango AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!

And so the story begins.....These past weeks I have been SUPER busy, so I decided that it was time to reward myself for making it through a whole four days of school, and there is no better way to reward yourself than a hearty helping of Red Mango! All day Friday I was waiting in eager anticipation to make the long sought after trip to Red Mango, so naturally when we had a break during our labs in biology class I couldn't help but telling everyone about my plans for the afternoon. I found myself trying without success to put the indescribable goodness of Red Mango into words, no matter how hard I tried to explain the semi-tart yet sweet-but-not-too-sweet flavors, I just could not fully convey how delicious this frozen yogurt actually is. So I finally just came to the point where I just had to say "you have to try it for yourself!" Now you may be wondering, "I thought this post was called LIFE LESSONS from red mango?? So far I've only seen a lot of red mango and no life lessons...." Well, fret no longer, because here come the life lessons! During all of this I began thinking, my trip to Red Mango (which will give me enjoyment for maybe a day) makes me so excited that when I have 5 minutes of free time I start telling random people about it, but when it comes to sharing the gospel (which will have rewards that last for eternity!) with people close to my heart or sitting next to me in class it is suddenly 'not the right time,' or 'I don't know enough' or 'they will think of me differently' or any number of other ridiculous excuses. Why is it that I am so willing to share with the world all about food for the stomach but when it comes to telling them About the bread of life I back away? 1 Peter 3:15 says, "And if someone asks you about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it." I don't know about you, but I couldnt tell you when the last time someone asked me about my "Christian hope" was. Should I blame this on others being too shy to ask? No, I should blame it on myself for not living in a way that my faith in my lord and savior Jesus Christ radiates through everything I do! so this next week it is my prayer that I will proclaim the love of Christ with the same excitement that I had for red mango and that I will find myself saying, "It is just so amazing that you have to try it for yourself!" and maybe if I have been living my life the right way, they will!
--
So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31

No comments:

Post a Comment